- 1968-2016 Total Completions = 1,942
- 1968-2016 Total Riders = 940
October 5th, 1968 marked the inaugural Virginia City 100 ride, known at its onset as the Nevada All-State Trail Ride, 100 Mile – One Day. Cliff Lewis and Dean Hubbard approached Nick Mansfield who hosted the start and finish of the Ride at his 102 Ranch in Sparks, NV. They wanted to make sure that the trail included all the great features of the area. The ride ended up being way over 100 miles – and there was a also lunar eclipse.
33 riders started, with 11 finishers – and 2 more finishers over the 24 hour limit. Horses had to carry a minimum of 150 lbs. Shannon Yewell Weil and Cliff Lewis finished first with the same time – 19 hours 41 minutes (minus the three hours of vet holds, for a 16:41 riding time). The ride chart shows that the two overtime riders – Shirley Wheeler and Mark Steen – received buckles.
The original finishing chart can be found here, along with photos from the ride that year.
- Ride Manager – Crysta Turnage – VC100Ride@gmail.com – 775-762-8086
- Information on this year’s ride
- Schedule of Events
- Trail Map (2016 – will be updated closer to the ride if necessary)
- Elevation Chart
- Rodeo Grounds Overflow Parking Map
- Time Stats (past year’s fastest/slowest times to specific locations along the ride)
- Virginia City and Ride Landmarks from Above
- Official Virginia City Visitors’ Site
- Local Hotels Closest to Ridecamp
Sponsorship donations are gladly accepted in both product or monetary support, or any combination thereof. Product donations must be approved by Ride Management. We currently have a Facebook reach of 500+ unique individuals and similar statistics on the NASTR.org website. We are anticipating 60-75 riders for this year’s 50th Annual 100-mile Event on September 16, 2017 with many additional crews, volunteers and spectators. Funds will be used for necessary trail improvements, event overhead and ride promotion. Nevada All-State Trail Riders is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Please click here for more information.